What was the best torpedo bomber of World War II
One-man torpedo "Negro"
This device, which can be seen in the Technik Museum Speyer, is a typical example of the improvisations that the German armaments industry was forced to perform during World War II as the war went on. For the soldiers, every mission was a suicide mission. We only drove at night. Only a few crews survived. The Kiel-Eckernförde torpedo research institute was in charge of the development of the one-man torpedoes. First, two German standard torpedoes of the type G7e were simply hung one below the other, whereby the upper torpedo was not given an explosive device but a cabin for a driver. This sat under a plexiglass hood, which gave him relatively good visibility in all directions. With the exception of the torpedo, the vehicle was unarmed and non-submersible. The driver shot the torpedo down with a simple rear sight.
Because of the black paint and the name of one of its developers, Colonel Richard Mohr, this device was called "Neger". A total of around 200 "negroes" were built from 1943 onwards. The successes were, however, small. According to investigations carried out after the war, the “negroes” were responsible for three mine clearers, one destroyer and damage to a cruiser and a destroyer. The great difficulties with this primitive weapon soon led to a larger, submersible version called the "Marder" as seen in the museum. Here the submersible is slightly larger than the attached torpedo. The marten was used, among other things, against the Allied landing forces in Normandy.
Year of construction: from 1944 | Water displacement: 5 to (with torpedo) | Length: 8.3 m - Width: 0.5 m | Motor: 12 HP electric motor | Speed: 4-6 knots | Cruising range: 48 nautical miles at 4 knots | Crew: 1 man | Armament: 1 torpedo type G7e
- What are some examples of public interest
- Why do Koreans criticize Vietnamese reunification
- How well read is the average American
- How long does a police investigation take
- Can be cooked from frozen ground beef
- Where can I have a document scanned?
- Is music the sound of our feelings
- Can someone have $ 1 trillion
- Is fluoride in water killing people?
- What are schizophrenics
- What happened to Fan Bingbing
- How do you climb a wall
- What is long-term debt
- Which is better Karvy or IIFL
- Who is the highest paid MLB player
- Is Quora famous among India's youth
- What is the problem of human rights
- Should I have a long-distance relationship
- What is a binary coded decimal number
- Is Japan still relevant
- Allows OYO teenagers
- Can I drink while pregnant?
- Smooth jazz music has serious problems
- Smartphones make teenagers children lazy