What is Senior MTS at Oracle
job descriptionSenior Member of Technical Staff (Cloud Engineering Infrastructure Development) (JoinOCI-REI) -210003NK Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: EnglishPreferred QualificationsOracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is building a next-generation cloud platform that supports the most demanding mission-critical customer requirements, operating at a global scale to provide a secure, distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. Our mission is to provide our customers with the best in class compute, storage, networking, database, security, and an ever-expanding set of foundational cloud-based services. https://www.oracle.com/cloud/Oracle Tactical Edge Cloud (OTEC) is a new product that extends Oracle Cloud beyond the datacenters and brings its core features to customer locations, even those without consistent internet access. We are building a complex yet exciting offering that will span across cloud services and a fleet of ruggedized, high powered devices that will handle a wide range of specialized workloads in collecting, processing, and analyzing massive amounts of data where low latency computing is critical. We are looking for hands-on engineers with expertise and passion in solving difficult problems in many areas - such as distributed systems, virtualized infrastructure, specialized high-performance hardware, and highly available services. If this is you, at OTEC is an opportunity to design and build our innovative new services and systems from the ground up. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives . An engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact. As a Senior Member of Technical Staff, you will build major new features in our products. As an owner of your feature, you will set the example by writing performant, secure, robust code and tests, drive operational readiness of your feature and strongly contribute to planning, design and architecture of the overall product. You will improve your team’s engineering practices, operational excellence, development process, mentoring of more junior engineers and overall ownership of your part of the larger product or service. Key Responsibilities:
- Own the engineering delivery of a service or product.
- Work closely with architects, principals, product and program managers to deliver product features on time and with high quality.
- Drive engineering efforts and provide direction to other members of the team.
- Proactively identify and resolve risks and issues that may dent the team’s ability to execute.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field (MS preferred)
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals.
- SOLID programming experience with either C ++ or Java
- Contributed to production of multi-tier applications
- POSIX filesystems, data intensive applications w.r.t. filesystems
- Linux, security, networking, macsec, macvtap, macvlan
- Experience establishing CICD and hands-on experience with test automation frameworks (Airflow, Cucumber, Selenium)
Detailed Description and Job RequirementsDesign, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc. As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs. Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
job: Product Development
Other locations: EE-Estonia, LV-Latvia, PL-Poland
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
- How can you deactivate hotel smoke alarms
- Who makes you flinch
- Why does Marriot compete against Airbnb
- How can I remember medical terms?
- How does the family affect self-esteem?
- What do guys think of periods
- Why did Italy invade Ethiopia?
- What are Viennese sausages really made of?
- How are taxes in Dubai
- Why is Donald Trump appeasing American Hindus
- Should someone rely on freelance work
- How does chlorine make water clean?
- Is Russia a rich country
- How does employee compensation work for employers
- Is New Zealand expensive for a teacher
- Can we love and hate someone at the same time
- How powerful is the human stroke
- What TV shows have prominent LGBT characters
- Who was the worst character in Glee
- How can motivation be relative to learning
- How can America be repaired
- What is the Pope's salary
- Regret becoming a firefighter
- How are toddlers