What kind of mutual funds are there
What types of funds are there?
Equity funds invest primarily in stocks, i.e. in shares in listed companies. Stocks are real assets that can also protect against inflation. Anyone who purchases fund shares becomes co-owner of the various companies in which the fund invests. While some funds spread the stocks around the world, others are more specific and focus, for example, on certain topics, industries or countries. They generate their income through share price increases and dividends. Over longer periods of time, equity funds are among the most profitable types of funds; however, the fluctuations in value are also comparatively high.
Pension funds contain interest-bearing securities such as mortgage bonds, government bonds or corporate bonds. You set different priorities according to region, exhibitor, currency or duration. The most important income components are interest and price gains.
Mixed funds combine different investments, for example stocks and bonds or money market papers. This enables them to react flexibly to different market situations. Depending on whether the mixed fund focuses on security or opportunities, it contains more bonds or more stocks.
Open real estate funds
Open-ended real estate funds usually invest in commercial properties such as office buildings, shopping centers, logistics and hotel buildings in Germany or abroad. Some funds have a focus on specific countries or regions, some also specialize in residential buildings. The value development depends on how high the rental income is and how the value of the building develops. Special holding periods and return rules apply to open-ended real estate funds.
Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) / index funds
With ETFs, no fund manager selects the investments, but rather they replicate an index, such as the DAX, TecDAX or the MSCI World. Their performance therefore corresponds almost exactly to that of the index shown. There are different methods of replication: most funds buy the securities contained in the index (physical or replicating replication). Some artificially map the development of the index, e.g. B. through the contractual "swap" of the performance and income of securities (synthetic replication). Investors can buy many ETFs on the stock exchange and trade on a daily basis.
Common questions about ETFs
Money market funds
As the name suggests, these funds invest in the money market - in fixed-term deposits, fixed-income securities or bank balances; also in certain bonds with high quality, short maturities and an interest rate fixation of a maximum of 13 months. The returns generally correspond to the current market interest rates in trade between banks.
Here you will find all of our positions and statements at a glance.more
The fund economy
Find out why funds are important for business and society.more
In terms of assets under management, the member companies of the BVI together cover over 95 percent of the German market.more
Receive news from the BVI and the fund industry by email. Fast, uncomplicated and always up-to-date.subscribe now
- How do you get over a relationship
- Have you ever disrespected anyone
- How can we say behind it in Telugu
- Which labor markets are unexpectedly declining
- Is BYU a good school
- How high are the taxes in Germany
- What time of year is Gazorpazorpfield
- Are UCC 1 Strawman claims valid?
- What do most Nigerians want on a daily basis
- What does a tax invoice mean
- Why don't Filipinos eat with chopsticks?
- How do I claim my inheritance
- What is a non-technical BPO
- Which restaurant makes the best onion rings
- Are banana peppers a fruit
- What are the different types of panties
- How successful is China's economy
- What amazes you about the opposite sex
- Vietnamese Americans hate North Vietnamese
- Worst of all is sex before marriage
- Should be 19 years old
- Will buy Disney Dreamworks
- DSLR is good for beginners
- Are narcissists delusional and mentally unstable