What is eggplant
Analyzes by Japanese researchers have shown that the content of phenolic compounds and the antioxidant power of eggplants decrease at temperatures below 65 ° C, but increase at temperatures between 65 ° C and 95 ° C. According to an Italian study, for example, the chlorogenic acid is increased by grilling eggplants.
A Mexican study has shown that fried and deep-fried eggplants contain more fat, but also a higher phenol content, while fruits cooked in water are low in calories but contain fewer antioxidants. Of course, it should not be forgotten that toxic substances such as acrylamide are formed when deep-frying fat is heated to over 175 ° C. The respective cooking method therefore has a major influence on the advantages and disadvantages of cooking.
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Grbz N et al, Health benefits and bioactive compounds of eggplant, Food Chem, December 2018
- R? A? Ska D et al, The significance of anthocyanins in the prevention and treatment of type 2 diabetes, Adv Clin Exp Med, January 2018
- Casati L et al, Potential of delphinidin-3-rutinoside extracted from Solanum melongena L. as promoter of osteoblastic MC3T3-E1 function and antagonist of oxidative damage, Eur J Nutr, January 2018
- Kaushik P et al, Phenolics content, fruit flesh color and browning in cultivated eggplant, wild relatives and interspecific hybrids and implications for fruit quality breeding, Food Res Int, December 2017
- Taher D et al, World Vegetable Center Eggplant Collection: Origin, Composition, Seed Dissemination and Utilization in Breeding, Front Plant Sci, August 2017
- Bagheri M et al, Evaluation of Solasonine Content and Expression Patterns? of SGT1 Gene in Different Tissues of Two Iranian Eggplant (Solanum melongena L.) Genotypes, Food Technol Biotechnol, June 2017
- Makrogianni DI et al, Nutritional value and antioxidant content of seed-containing and seedless eggplant fruits of two cultivars grown under protected cultivation during autumn-winter and spring-summer, J Sci Food Agric, August 2017
- Uchida K et al, Effects of Grilling on Total Polyphenol Content and Antioxidant Capacity of Eggplant (Solanum melongena L.), J Food Sci, January 2017
- Lo Scalzo R et al, Cooking influence on physico-chemical fruit characteristics of eggplant (Solanum melongena L.), Food Chem, March 2016
- Nisha P et al, A comparative study on antioxidant activities of different varieties of Solanum melongena, Food Chem Toxicol, October 2009
- Akanitapichat P et al, Antioxidant and hepatoprotective activities of five eggplant varieties, Food Chem Toxicol, October
- Ramrez-Anaya Jdel P et al, Phenols and the antioxidant capacity of Mediterranean vegetables prepared with extra virgin olive oil using different domestic cooking techniques, Food Chem, December 2015
- Zou P, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Food Therapy, and Hypertension Control: A Narrative Review of Chinese Literature, Am J Chin Med, August 2016
- Kathi Hacker, Ellen Scherbaum, Residues and contaminants in fresh vegetables from conventional cultivation 2017 A report from our everyday laboratory work
- Alipour B et al, Dietary flavonoid intake, total antioxidant capacity and lipid oxidative damage: A cross-sectional study of Iranian women, Nutrition, May 2016
- Wu T et al, In vitro antidiabetic effects of selected fruits and vegetables against glycosidase and aldose reductase, Food Sci Nutr, April 2015
- Alarcn-Flores M et al, Systematic Study of the Content of Phytochemicals in Fresh and Fresh-Cut Vegetables, Antioxidants (Basel), May 2015
- Solayman M et al, Polyphenols: Potential Future Arsenals in the Treatment of Diabetes, Curr Pharm Des, May 2016
- Friedman M, Chemistry and anticarcinogenic mechanisms of glycoalkaloids produced by eggplants, potatoes, and tomatoes, J Agric Food Chem, April 2015
- Jing P et al, Effect of glycosylation patterns of Chinese eggplant anthocyanins and other derivatives on antioxidant effectiveness in human colon cell lines, Food Chem. April 2015
- Salerno L et al, Antioxidant activity and phenolic content of microwave-assisted Solanum melongena extracts, Scientific World Journal, February 2014
- Vincenzio Genovese, Da frutto insano a cibo afrodisiaco, storia della melanzana (e dei suoi nomi stravaganti), July 2018
- Simonetta Conti, Storia della melanzana Una mela non sana, La Stampa, July 2014
- Jenkins DJ et al, Effect of a very-high-fiber vegetable, fruit, and nut diet on serum lipids and colonic function, Metabolism, April 2001
- Kwon YI et al, In vitro studies of eggplant (Solanum melongena) phenolics as inhibitors of key enzymes relevant for type 2 diabetes and hypertension, Bioresour Technol, May 2008
- Tanaka S et al, Intakes of dietary fiber, vegetables, and fruits and incidence of cardiovascular disease in Japanese patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care, December
- Ahmed Mohamed Galal Osman et al, Plant Toxins, Food Science and Technology, 2013
- Spain: Almeria is the world's leading aubergine exporter, Fresh Plaza, June 2017
- Vanessa Lnenschloss, Jan Zimmermann, EU millions of agricultural subsidies for exploiters: Dirty business in agriculture, BR, July 2018
- Daniel Mennig, exploitation in the greenhouse of vegetables from Spain: starvation wages for pickers, sfr, 2018
- Global 2000, organic vs. conventional, August 2015
- Ministry for Rural Areas and Consumer Protection Baden-Württemberg, komonitoring 2015
- Eggplant, The Worlds Healthiest Foods
- Bavarian State Institute for Agriculture, Institute for Food Economics and Market, Die Aubergine, 2004
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- What is the story of the skyscraper
- Do you like Shanghai Why
- What's wrong with Nancy Pelosi
- What do people need right now
- Why does BJP hate Kerala
- Who deserves more directors or actors
- Helps credit card debt
- Why is my brother abusing me
- Why are people afraid of change 1
- What is the cause of calf pain
- What is kept in a wallet
- Why don't the Chinese use a fork
- How often do software developers get rich
- How can you get sick overnight
- Play cards without playing haram
- Are websites and apps products or services?
- Is it blessed or blessed
- Which person gave you hope today
- What do you remember about your kindergarten
- How many of you are depressed
- What do you read in a class?
- Which work has the highest salary
- What is a shitbird
- How are elevators built into buildings?