Is Boris Johnson a father
Brexit as a family matter - Boris Johnson's father wants French citizenship
"I will always be European," says Stanley Johnson. He wanted to get a personal "connection" to the EU. This causes some irritation and also ridicule.
In view of the final implementation of the Brexit, which was largely driven by his son, Boris Johnson's father wants to apply for French citizenship. He wanted to get a personal "connection" to the European Union, said Stanley Johnson on Thursday the French radio station RTL. "I will always be a European, that's for sure."
“It's not about becoming French. If I understand correctly, I am French, ”said the 80-year-old in the radio interview he conducted in French. "My mother was born in France, her mother was completely French and so was her grandfather."
The announcement by Stanley Johnson caused criticism and amusement among British and EU citizens. Chris Rennard, a member of the House of Lords, said that the 80-year-old is getting personal benefits by applying for an EU passport. "This is something that his son Boris withheld from 67 million British citizens today," added Rennard.
"Family drama at the end of the Brexit saga"
Irish MEP Billy Kelleher linked Johnson's decision to the Erasmus exchange program, in which Great Britain no longer takes part. "While Mr. Stanley Johnson is enjoying a glass of wine in France, British students will no longer be able to study there," he wrote on the short message service Twitter.
The French newspaper “Liberation” humorously described the announcement as “a family drama to conclude the last episode of the good old Brexit saga”.
Stanley Johnson was one of the first British officials in Brussels, a member of the European Parliament and the EU Commission. He was a strict opponent of Brexit until 2016, but then turned around. Great Britain's exit from the EU was largely driven by his son, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
Stanley Johnson made a statement immediately before the UK left the EU internal market and the customs union on Friday night, which marks the end of the post-Brexit transition period.
afp / cpm
Found a bug? Report it now.
- What is my ideal job
- When will the KPTCL test be
- What is educational inflation
- Why are white porcelain dishes so popular?
- BBC Russia is funded by UK taxpayers
- What is code refactoring and code refinement
- How many perches are in one perch
- Girls play with their friends' breasts
- What are interlocking cobblestones
- Which is better CA + MBA or CA + CFA US
- SPOILER Really loves Cersei Jaime
- What is montenegro
- What is the philosophy behind hospice care
- 5 feet is a good height
- Are Muslims homophobic
- Can I bake and eat unprotected croissants?
- What makes a great childhood
- What are some weird movie titles
- Which is the language that Mandarin comes closest to
- How is Texas Techs Premed Program
- How dangerous is dust
- San Diego is a military city
- What are the names of German pilots
- What's in creating a fashion collection