Where does cannabis come from
The hemp is a very adaptable plant. It grows from the equator to the polar circle. Hemp is a so-called “culture-accompanying plant” because it has always accompanied mankind on its way on earth.
The wild form can be found in the Altai Mountains, on the border between China, Mongolia and Russia.
Hemp is believed to be the first plant cultivated by humans. Hemp-cultivating arable societies emerged in the Mesopotamia between the Euphrates and Tigris, in the Nile Delta in Egypt and in China.
In the course of the migration of peoples, hemp is spreading around the world. The Scythians probably brought him to Europe.
In old Slavic settlements, hemp seeds and flowers were found as grave supplements. The ancient seafarers used large quantities of hemp for their ships. Hemp was grown wherever a sea power landed.
The oil from the hemp seeds was used as lamp oil and as an edible oil. Clothing, ropes, ropes and sails were made from the fibers, and medicine from the flowers and seeds.
In ancient cultures, the cultivation of hemp was primarily a woman's business. This tradition lived on, e.g. in Switzerland, until the beginning of our century. The goddess Freya was responsible for the hemp among the Teutons.
The first paper in the world was made in China from hemp and mulberry tree.
One of the first written records about hemp comes from there. The legendary Emperor Schen Nung is said to have written the Pen Tsao, a work on the medicinal use of hemp, in the year 2800 BC. The researchers rather assume the year 200-300. There are other written documents from Mesopotamia (800-600 BCE) and Egypt (1600 BCE).
Hemp reached America with the Vikings, at the latest with Columbus. The Spanish fleet grew hemp in America for making ropes and sails.
In addition to humans, birds were also involved in the worldwide spread of hemp, for whom the seeds of hemp are a popular, nutritious and important food for most bird populations.
Although hemp has now been banned by international agreements and its cultivation is either prohibited or subject to conditions, the global hemp cultivation figures have been increasing again since 1992.
Literature sources: Conrad, Hemp, Lifeline to the future, 1993; Herer, Why are we hemp again ..., Two thousand and one 1992; Rätsch, hemp as a remedy, the green branch; Haag, Hemp Culture Worldwide, Edition Rauschkunde
- Is the white privilege comparable to the Brahman privilege?
- What do you mean by B2B startup
- How are Western Union checks cashed
- What does sco pa tu mana mean
- Australian girls like Asian men
- Which London university is best for business
- Is the HDB program really that successful?
- How weird is British food
- Are children ever too old to beat up?
- Is Santa Claus angry
- How did Michael Bloomberg get so rich
- What daily activities are worth doing
- Who is your favorite Stark character
- What is baby boom
- What is the Telugu word for busy
- Which prophet has Allah seen?
- What counts as code plagiarism
- What is productivity
- Is Russian food cheaper than American
- Isn't death better than living life
- How to say absent in Mandarin
- How can I learn copywriting quickly
- Denmark goes bankrupt
- You can buy used panties from individuals