What does it mean to see someone
Why do you look after the right thing?
If you look to the right thing, you want to make sure that everything is in order. But where does this expression come from, and why not look to the left, for example?
Long ago, meanings were assigned to the terms right and left. If a wise man wanted to predict the future, he looked north. Then he had the bright east on his right. The sun rose there. The dark west was to his left. The sun went down there. Light was associated with good, with dark bad.
In many especially Asian and Arab countries it is frowned upon to eat with the left hand. With this you wipe your bottom. Getting up with your left foot, leaving someone on the left - all of this has a negative meaning. So you didn't associate anything good with the left.
Right, on the other hand, has a positive meaning: for most people, the right hand is the strong one with which one can fight. You swear with your right hand, and to have someone sit on your right is a great honor. These meanings of right for good and right and left for bad and wrong gradually became common parlance. If you have done something right, you have done something right, something good.
"Looking after the right" has nothing to do with right and left, but with right and good!
- What is Cuban Chinese Cuisine
- What is the most mexican dinner
- Why did most of the Germanic countries become Protestant?
- Eating termites drywall
- Will the 5G phone be safe for children
- Are child actors paid
- How is cracker a racial fraud
- Is a millionaire still considered wealthy
- The British like to live under a monarchy
- What schools are the best in Agra
- Why do Mexican men reject Asian women
- How technology has shaped people
- Which minced meat is best for hamburgers
- Is python enough to get a job
- Passively aggressive people are narcissists
- Who is the youngest grandparent?
- Why is self-improvement in personal development underestimated
- Was the Prophet Muhammad cruel
- Is your birthday in March
- Anyone interested in your family history
- What is an address name
- How are Eastern European foods
- Why don't cheap perfumes smell good
- What are G7 countries