Where do most of the Chinese immigrants come from?
Immigration: What the Chinese dream of when they move to Germany
Football, BMW and punctuality - that is Germany. At least in Tong Wu's dreams. On a roof terrace in Beijing's university district, the spring air hangs over the coffee tables colored by exhaust fumes, the 22-year-old is already thousands of kilometers away with his thoughts.
Wu wants to study business administration in Nuremberg for three years, because education made in Germany has a good reputation in China. The loud honking sound from the intersection below quickly brought Wu back to Beijing on this Friday afternoon in April 2015. Engine noises mix with the whistles of the traffic controllers and the conversations of the students about the background noise of the metropolis.
There is always something going on. This is exactly what clouded Wu's dream of Germany. "In Germany it can sometimes be very lonely," he says in broken German. The individualism, but also the German food and the language, make him think. The culture shock is lurking, but Wu is already trying to drive it away in Beijing - with a preparatory course on German culture, tips from Internet forums for Chinese in Germany and the ARD “Tagesschau”.
Funny that the Germans eat cold in the evening
Two years later, in April 2017, Tong Wu has long since become Tony Wu. Most Germans could just remember that better. The now 24-year-old has lived in Nuremberg for a year and a half. He has taken on the dialect, the early closing times, the feeling that he is always at a disadvantage during exams due to the language barrier, the citizens' office - and also with the loneliness.
- Who is the best player
- Is RM from BTS racist
- Anyone in need of web design jobs
- Does masturbation affect spirituality?
- Every leader is a manager
- What is Japanese nationalism
- Basically, socialism means industrial democracy
- How are construction companies currently tracking material
- How do people change into management positions
- Larry Nassar is Jewish
- What should a copywriter's portfolio contain?
- How can I help a depressed ENFP
- How many missiles can drones carry?
- DVDs will still be available in 2037
- What happened to public libraries
- How do central banks print money these days
- How do you deal with conflicts
- How do Israelis perceive Germans
- Is the green lantern scientifically possible?
- Which must last after the 10th
- Why is the German GDP so high
- Is there any Chinese culture in China
- What are some recommended sugar-free sodas
- Does the green economy have anything to do with green computing?
- How popular is traditional music in Scotland
- Why does Marriot compete against Airbnb
- How do sole proprietorships make a profit
- Reheating food can make you sick
- Why is true love hard to find
- How do you deal with adult bullies
- Show people why on Facebook
- Can spinach go bad
- What are the motivating factors
- All schools have a free lunch