What is bipolar disorder
Everyone has bad days, good ones too: So it's no wonder that the corners of the mouth hang down and then bend up again with laughter. It is different for people with bipolar disorder - also known as manic-depressive illness - they often fall from one extreme to the other for no understandable reason. Depending on the severity of the disorder, manic and depressive episodes sometimes merge directly into one another, sometimes there are whole years of symptom-free time in between. Although the manifestations of bipolar disease have preoccupied doctors for 2000 years, educating the public is still in its infancy.
Please click to zoom
What is bipolar (manic-depressive) illness?
Everyone knows it: fluctuations in feelings. Sometimes the mood is good, sometimes rather bad. But that is normal. However, people with bipolar disorder live with extreme emotions. In the field of tension between mania and depression, a regular life is hardly possible.
The recurring ups and downs of emotions with fluctuations in mood and drive are just as reality as a twenty-fold increased risk of suicide compared to the general population.
Few of those affected know about their illness and find their way to a trained doctor or psychologist. A timely diagnosis and targeted treatment could significantly improve the course of the disease.
DGBS patient brochure
Detailed information on bipolar disorder
Our current information folder
- How did Bloody Mary die 1
- Are there orphanages in Great Britain?
- Will Microsoft employees receive a refund for their phone bills?
- What is it like to be monolingual
- When does Walmart start cashing checks?
- Can you play basketball in prison?
- Works Gmail in China
- Will Democrats defeat Trump in 2020
- What equipment would your dream infantry have
- What's your financial advice for 2017
- What are the different types of visas
- What does febriphobia mean
- Why do the French eat so much
- Is killing an animal justified?
- Belongs to Mexico, New Mexico
- How long does a kitchen demolition take
- Who is a family lawyer
- Where do food trucks make the most money?
- What is considered the epitome of hipster music
- How is epidemiology used in public health
- What kind of people are nice
- What were you before you were born
- Why do you need your children
- What are BTS's favorite members of Exo
- Are the brisket and corned beef the same
- How can socialism be improved
- What is driving economic growth
- Burning incense is bad for human health
- In Australian English, partner is gender neutral
- Who is ready for a serious relationship
- When will I meet my husband 1
- What is the life of a criminal like
- Copied PUBG Free Fire
- Why aren't teachers paid fairly?