Is Egypt Arabic or African
independent since 1922
geographyEgypt is a country in northeast Africa directly on the Mediterranean Sea and the Sinai Peninsula. The land has a total area of 1,001,450 km² and a total coastline of 2,450 km. This land mass is roughly 2.8 times the size of Germany. This makes Egypt one of the largest countries in Africa and the 30th largest country in the world. It is comparatively low at an average height of 321 meters above sea level.
The country has around 30 islands. There are direct national borders with the 3 neighboring countries Israel, Libya and Sudan. The distance between Berlin and the capital Cairo is approximately 2,890 km.
The country-wide in Egypt is Eastern European Time (EET). Unlike in Germany, however, there is no summer time here. So there is a time difference of 1 hour in winter. In summer, however, the time difference is 0 hours.
1 pound is divided into 100 piasters.
Status: May 18, 2021
1 euro = 19.09 pounds
100 pounds = 5.24 euros
The climate in EgyptIn Egypt there is a subtropical climate, so it is much drier and warmer than here. There are heavy rain showers only in a few wetter months per year. The average maximum daily temperatures are between 21 and 37 degrees, depending on the season. In some parts of the country, the values can reach up to 43 degrees during the day. In the colder months, depending on the region, the temperature drops to up to 9 ° C in the monthly mean.
Average day and night temperatures
According to the definition of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Egypt is one of the developing countries due to its economic performance.
|2% urban areas:||24,270 km²|
|4% agriculture:||38,456 km²|
|0% forests:||701 km²|
|0% water surface:||6,000 km²|
|94% other areas:||938,023 km²|
|Road network:||65,050 km|
|Rail network:||5,085 km|
The main cities
|city||Part of the country||Residents|
|Cairo / capital||Muhafazat al Qahirah||9.500.000|
|Port Said||Muhafazat Bur Sa`id||571.000|
|Al Mahallah al Kubra||Muhafazat al Gharbiyah||431.000|
|Al Mansurah||Muhafazat ad Daqahliyah||420.000|
|Tanda||Muhafazat al Gharbiyah||405.000|
|Al Fayyum||Muhafazat al Fayyum||306.000|
|Kafr ad Dawwar||Al Buhayrah||267.000|
|Al Minya||Al Minya||227.000|
|Bani Suwayf||Muhafazat Bani Suwayf||190.000|
|Shibin al Kawm||Muhafazat al Minufiyah||186.000|
|Banha||Muhafazat al Qalyubiyah||158.000|
|Kafr ash Shaykh||Kafr ash Shaykh||144.000|
|Arish||Muhafazat Shamal Sina '||129.000|
|Al Kharijah||Muhafazat al Wadi al Jadid||68.000|
|Mersa Matruh||Muhafazat Matruh||62.000|
|El gate||South Sinai||15.000|
(Based on the World Bank's "Worldwide Governance Indicators" project)
|Rule of law:|
|Freedom of speech:|
|Death penalty:||constitutionally allowed|
Existing trade agreements
- What are the penis problems of married women
- Steals the greatest sin
- Success is everything in life
- What is your highest hope
- What dating site have you ever used
- Who is darker Sri Lanka or Bangladeshi
- Prefer VSCO or Instagram
- Is it really that great to be a teenager?
- Is Bali too expensive to travel
- What's your favorite Indian recipe
- Why aren't chiropractors taking Medicare
- Who is the richest president of America
- Who invented the 24-hour time?
- What's the Worst New Hospital Infection
- How is a PhD degree beneficial?
- Are small lips attractive in men?
- What is the average media content
- Why is it necessary to study history?
- How do you participate in the share buyback
- Why is it called ground beef
- Which channel is CCTV
- Asset inflation is a bad thing
- What do you think of the French?
- What are the subjects for psychology