Is science the religion of the future?
Can our discourses in politics, society, but also in our everyday experiences be scientifically developed? Does science create legitimacy, norms and a sense of purpose that were previously reserved for religion? Are science becoming a new religion?
Ten authors from seven countries, invited by the German-American Institute, embarked on a journey through the Heidelberg sciences. Her research took her to the German Cancer Research Center, the European Molecular Biology Laboratory or the Max Planck Institute. They discussed with cosmologists, quantum physicists and neurologists whether and how today the natural sciences take over traditional tasks of religion.
In intensive discussions, they researched which values science can create, whether it has a normative effect, and how it influences our language. This resulted in very different texts: stories, reports, essays. Participants included Daniel Kehlmann, Michela Murgia and Colm Tóibín.
At the grand "finale" of the project, the writers and researchers brought this unique exchange between literature and science to life for the public.
Artistic direction: Jakob Köllhofer
Artistic supervision: Russ Hodge
Authors: Judith Kuckart (D) - Viktor Jerofejev (RUS) - Daniel Kehlmann (D / A) - Michael Maar (D) - Ben Marcus (USA) - Tim Parks (GB) - Michela Murgia (ITA) - Colm Tóibín (IRL) - Kathrin Passig (D) - Raoul Schrott (A)
Participating scientific institutions: Heidelberg University, Max Planck Institute, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ)
- What people eat frog and snake
- Does Google have a FinTech group
- What is the permanent solution for sciatica
- What is 80 stenosis
- What's the best in a true friendship
- TYPES OF ELEVATORS AFTER USE
- Should I invest in the British pound?
- Is 134 a good IQ
- How will the year 3000 be?
- Is UK stable
- Is THC an alkaloid 1
- Can hormone replacement therapy help with libido
- What are the Biggest Cities in Runescape
- What is a surprisingly well paying job
- What can you not tell your boss
- Are Spaniards mostly monolingual, if so why?
- What is fear for you
- Fornication is a sin
- What does french faire des frais mean
- What is activity-based work
- What do Indonesians think of Arab Indonesians
- How much does a personnel consultant earn
- Oral history is a kind of historiography
- Is it really that great to be a teenager?