Who invented the number system 2?
Dual number system (dual system)
There are 10 types of people.
Those who understand the binary system and those who don't.
The decimal way of counting (10s) may seem logical to us. But nature doesn't have 10 fingers and 10 toes. It operates on a simpler number system. The dual number system with the base 2. There are two states. Yes or no, on or off.
The dual number system was created because you can only differentiate between two states in electronic data processing. These so-called binary states are usually abbreviated with H and L. The logical states are 1 and 0.
Binary (binary system)
According to DIN 44300, the term binary refers to something that can take on two characters. Dual is a number system that only consists of two characters.
|Electronic component||State 0||State 1|
|Relay or switch||open||closed|
|Tube or transistor||not conductive||conductive|
|Electric impulse||Impulse not available||Impulse present|
|tension||0 V||5 V|
Nominal values: 0 and 1
Largest face value: 1
Significance: 20 = 1, 21 = 2, 22 = 4, etc.
This table serves for a better understanding of the counting method in the dual number system. In the first digit there is a constant change between 0 and 1. In the second digit there is a constant change between 00 and 11. In the third digit there is a constant change between 0000 and 1111.
|8 (23)||4 (22)||2 (21)||1 (20)||decimal number|
Spellings of the dual numbers
Dual numbers are marked with a "2" as an index or a preceding percentage sign (%). Other spellings with "b" or "B" are worthy of interpretation because of their similarity to the hexadecimal representation and are therefore incorrect and only acceptable in exceptional cases.
- 1002 (correct spelling)
- % 100 (correct spelling)
- 100b (incorrect spelling)
- 100B (incorrect spelling)
Calculating with binary numbers
Conversion of number systems
Other related topics:
Electronics simple and easy to understand
The electronics primer is a book about the basics of electronics, components, circuit technology and digital technology.
I want that!
Experience electronics with the "Starter Edition" electronics set
Perfect for beginners and newcomers
- Entry into electronics without prior knowledge
- Quick understanding of components and circuit symbols
- Experiment without a soldering iron: just insert components
More information Order the electronics set now
- Why do some Pakistanis look like Iranians
- Why do I no longer like to draw
- Green eyes are common in France
- What is the Visa Procedure for Ireland
- Is it difficult to live in Portland?
- What are some typical Canadian foods
- I come from a dysfunctional family
- What is a good salary in Hamburg
- What are the other options after BDS
- What are the best vegan recipes
- How do I control my own brain
- Which language has the strangest letters
- How do Israelis see the UN
- Who are the most influential economists right now?
- What is the purpose of the NGO
- Is your job your identity
- Persian woman are easy to be with
- What is rail creep
- Why are children forced to obey parents
- Why is Karachi so confused
- What is a construction
- The crypto honor is dead
- Can you cheat your way through life
- What properties are required for placement
- What is the Turkish word for punishment?
- How expensive is Paris
- Where can I learn something about the theory of relativity
- Why some people want conscription so badly
- How does Instagram make its image filters
- Why is Southeast Asia densely populated
- Is gambling actually the worst addiction
- How does Beijing's nightlife compare to Shanghai?
- Can a man be a nymphomaniac