What makes a finger throb
Inflammation of the fingers and toes, purulent
Purulent finger (Panaritium) or Inflammation of the toes (Paronychia, circulation): The affected phalanx, rarely also a phalanx, is severely swollen, reddened and restricted in its mobility. In addition, throbbing pain is noticeable. The starting point is usually a tiny external injury to the finger (or toe) through which bacteria or other pathogens enter deeper tissues and lead to inflammation with accumulations of pus. These can be under the skin, under the nail plate (Inflammation of the nail bed) or occur next to a fingernail (or toenail) and, if left untreated, spread to deeper tendons and bones. This threatens to lose the affected finger or toe, which is why a doctor must be consulted at the first signs of the disease.
That's what the doctor does
The hand or foot is immobilized (possibly with a splint) and accumulations of pus are surgically drained. Alternatively or as a supplement, an antibiotic is administered. External antibiotic therapy is often sufficient for minor inflammations.
Purulent inflammation of the fingers or toes always requires medical (and antibiotic) treatment. Silicea can be taken as a support at the homeopathic level, hot curd soap baths sometimes provide relief, as do finger and foot baths with antibacterial plant extracts, e.g. B. from oak bark or chamomile.
AuthorsDr. med. Arne Schäffler, Dr. Ute Koch, Dr. med. Berthold Gehrke in: Gesundheit heute, edited by Dr. med. Arne Schäffler. Trias, Stuttgart, 3rd edition (2014). Revision and update: Dr. med. Sonja Kempinski | last changed on at 15:09
- What are some examples of natural deforestation
- Can I drink my wife's pee
- What is considered wealthy
- How many rings has Michael Jordan won
- How can I learn older music
- What a social worker you are
- A sweet or savory breakfast is best
- What is the brutal truth about eBay
- How much weight can a quadcopter lift
- What are some good payment solutions
- How do I build outside stairs
- What do Americans think of Indonesia?
- Where can I study carpentry
- What is Te 3
- Who cashed third-party checks?
- What does love mean for men
- Why is it rainy season
- Did people masturbate in the old days
- What are the Nigerian government and politics
- What is the best 5 minute breakfast
- What exactly is the Wadiyar Curse
- French toast came from France
- Are people doomed because of recessive genes
- Who invented fashion