Blue sapphire slowly gives bad effects
What is fluorescence in diamonds?
Fluorescence, what it means, how to recognize it and the advantages and disadvantages of diamonds
Fluorescence is one of the most controversial topics discussed by experts in relation to diamonds. Diamonds that fluoresce contain certain chemical or mineral substances, especially boron, which make them shine under UV light, usually in a blue color. Other color variants also exist, such as yellowish or greenish blue, but are much rarer. This effect is partly visible in the sun; it becomes particularly pronounced when the diamond is directly illuminated with a UV lamp.
Fluorescence affects around a third of all diamonds, although in most cases it is so weak that it cannot be seen from a purely optical point of view. Only in a tenth of all diamonds with fluorescence does it become so evident that the appearance of the diamond changes significantly under UV light.
Does fluorescence in diamonds have advantages or disadvantages?
On the other hand, fluorescence, provided that the milky cloud effect does not affect it, also has certain advantages in lower color levels, which are more favorable than the higher color levels towards pure white. A diamond that ranks in the lower range on the color scale, i.e. is very yellowish, appears whiter than it actually is thanks to blue fluorescence. The reason is simple: blue is the complementary color to yellow, so blue and yellow quasi cancel each other out. However, this effect only occurs when UV light is also present; fluorescence does not come into play under artificial light, regardless of the brightness of the light.
How do I recognize fluorinated diamonds before buying?
Is fluorescence the same as luminescence and phosphorescence?
- What are Australian prisoners wearing
- Why are we stuck in time
- What should everyone know about meth?
- Are British teenagers worse or American teenagers
- Why do we treat foreigners differently
- How good is the James Cook University in Singapore
- How to stretch tight pants
- How does Indonesia feel about Israel?
- Why should we never rush into relationships
- What is a blockchain hackathon
- What is Territory Army
- Have you ever looked down on yourself
- When did Ireland prohibit abortion and why
- How do you start a private company
- How is IB Board different from CBSE
- Boys from India are good in bed
- Should I go on or give up
- What apostles founded the Church in Antioch?
- When can a puppy sleep outside?
- How did Steve Jobs think
- Is Islam an empire
- What are the conditions that enable life to exist?
- How are new startups financed
- Why are Filipinos afraid