Why do peaceful protests work
Demonstrations Middle East protests in Leipzig remain peaceful
Verbal provocations - no escalation
Under the motto "For the Freedom of Palestine" the participants demonstrated loudly on the Gewandhaus side against what they saw as a racist settlement policy in Israel. Many Palestine flags were waved and "Freedom for Palestine" chanted.
Within sight and only separated by two police chains, the participants of the pro-Israeli rally had gathered at the same time on the opera side of the square. Its motto was "Against all anti-Semitism - Solidarity for Israel". At first, the mood was briefly heated, between the two sides, some demonstrators had fought words, said a police spokesman. However, the situation has not escalated any further and has calmed down.
Protests in Germany for days
There was also a pro-Palestinian demonstration in Berlin on Saturday. The reason for the protests in Berlin and Leipzig was not only the escalating violence but also the day of the "Nakba" (catastrophe), which the Palestinians celebrate on May 15. They commemorate the displacement and flight of hundreds of thousands of Palestinians in the course of the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948.
In the past few days there had been anti-Semitic and anti-Israeli demonstrations in several German cities. Among other things, on Friday in Dresden. The police had to use pepper spray to prevent a clash between pro-Israeli and pro-Palestinian demonstrators. In other cities, Israel flags were lit during the protests and some anti-Semitic slogans were chanted. That had caused outrage nationwide.
Jewish communities in Saxony
In view of protests in this country about the situation in the Middle East, the Jewish community in Saxony has expressed concern. State rabbi Zsolt Balla told the MDR that some members were afraid to come to the synagogue. The police have been asked to tighten security measures. At the request of MDR SACHSEN, the Saxon Ministry of the Interior announced that there had not yet been any tightened security precautions, as they had already been started after the attack in Halle. In other federal states, the protection of Jewish institutions has now been tightened after the incidents of the past few days.
- What is the minimum inner wall width
- Is there a breed that is better than another
- Why is Tzuyu so popular in Korea
- What did we learn late in life?
- Hiring Google MBA Finance Graduates
- How has English influenced your life
- What workouts does J Cole 1
- Smoking weed helps wound healing
- What are the advantages of being bilingual 1
- Values and principles What are your treasures
- What was your hardest heartbreak
- What did treason teach you?
- Have you ever found treasure buried?
- How do you say happy birthday
- How does a dam work
- What are some opinions about China
- Is the gold trade highly profitable
- Has Wilt Chamberlain used steroids
- Who invested in Google early on?
- Who is Emmanuel Macron's wife
- Is the home care service safe and secure?
- Has real chili beans
- What is CRM for retail
- Where is the Suez Canal
- What are the trustworthy crowdfunding websites
- How do teachers deal with calm children
- What is the bond in brickwork
- Why do I attract Aquarius men
- How many American citizens are there
- What factors affect economic growth
- How is life in China 1
- How can I become a better runner
- What is it like to do heroin