The value depends on the values
Hanisauland: Lexicon @todo: from Preprocess
Values / change in values
Everyone has something that is of value to them, that is important and useful to them. If you think about it, you realize how diverse the meaning of the word “value” is. The apartment, the bicycle, the smartphone and many other things have value. This is the amount of money that you have to pay when buying or get when selling. Everything that can be measured has a value: the height of a mountain, the distance to the moon or the time it takes a person to walk over a hundred meters. This value can be determined in minutes and seconds, in meters, kilometers or in another way. One then speaks of an "objective" value. This means that this value can be understood by everyone, it does not depend on a personal evaluation.
But there are many values that depend on a person's personal assessment. These are so-called subjective values. That can be friendship, taste, beauty and many other things. Such values have to do with feeling. Therefore it cannot be measured precisely. Religion, a good conscience, human rights and the constitution are also values that cannot be measured in terms of values. If you look under the keyword ethics, you will find several terms that contain “value” and “values”.
Change in values
Sometimes you also hear the word "changing values". This means a change that takes place within a society over a long period of time. For example, obedience and the fulfillment of duties used to play a very important role in bringing up children. Today values have changed and education for independence and a sense of responsibility is seen as particularly important. Sometimes when values change, values that were considered obsolete regain importance. Studies show that young people today again consider hard work and ambition to be important, which for a while was viewed as out of date. When attitudes and views have changed in many people, a change in values has occurred. This leads to new attitudes, politicians and parties are elected who represent these values and ensure that some laws are also changed.
Your questions about this ...
Write us your question
Before asking a question, please read the lexicon article completely. Please see if anyone has already asked the same question. Often you will find the answer to your question there.write us
- Will my VA disability ever increase
- Shyness is caused by low self-esteem
- Why do people hate France so much
- Which career suits Pisces
- Which five Portuguese words should someone know?
- Can Donald Trump run a charity?
- What is MBTI and the personality types
- How mast makes bread and butter
- Is Oyo couple safe
- An engineer should learn SEO
- Why do people hate wasps so much
- What happens when a cat takes shampoo
- Which companies are hiring iPhone developers
- Constipation causes back pain
- Why are American politicians against socialized health care
- Is Sheldon Cooper an atheist
- Is melancholy good or bad
- Why is technology so important to study
- Canadians are generally healthier than Americans
- Why did I wake up unmotivated
- What are some basic rules of construction
- What brings people together
- Can I wear red corals with amethyst
- What are the Different Trillion Dollar Industries