How expensive is Hong Kong for expats
University and education systems abroad often show serious differences to Germany. Find out more about the types of universities, admission requirements and tuition fees.
Hong Kong has 20 universities that award academic degrees, including eight that are government-funded through the (UGC). You can find an overview of the existing ones at Hong Kong. There you will also find the "", which shows you the courses on offer.
The academic year is usually divided into two semesters. The lecture period of semester 1 begins at the beginning of September and ends in mid-December. The lecture period of semester I2 runs from mid-January to the end of April. Both semesters are followed by a two-week examination period.
In 2012, the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) was introduced as a new final exam for secondary schools. BA, MA and PhD programs are offered at all eight state universities. In Hong Kong, it is common for students to take up employment after earning their Bachelor's degree. Master’s courses (taught master programs) are usually started “part-time” or only after a long period of employment.
more on the subject
In principle, the "Allgemeine Hochschulreife" is a prerequisite for starting a course of studies. Furthermore, sufficient knowledge of English must be proven - mostly on the basis of the.
Tuition fees vary from college to college; You should therefore find out more directly from the respective universities. That's between HK $ 90,000. and HK $ 265,000 per year. You can find one at (1 Euro (EUR) = 8.87783 Hong Kong Dollar (HKD); as of February 2019).
Visa, work permit, looking for accommodation, cost of living - all of this should be well researched before going abroad. The following information will help you prepare.
Residence permit and work permit
If you want to stay in Hong Kong as a student for more than 90 days, you need a student visa. To do this, you first have to submit an at in Hong Kong. The corresponding visa can only be issued once the company has issued a certificate for this visa application. This process can take a long time.
As a student, you are not allowed to pursue any gainful employment. Please also think of a foreign health insurance (). One possible alternative is that.
Cost of living
You should assume an indicative sum of around HK $ 30,000 to HK $ 60,000 per year (excluding accommodation costs). You can find one at. (1 Euro (EUR) = 8.87783 Hong Kong Dollar (HKD); as of February 2019).
Some perks are available through the.
The cheapest option is in the dormitories of the universities. Here a room (with two beds) costs around HK $ 5,000 per month. Those who want to live alone pay correspondingly more. Apartments are more expensive in the open as Hong Kong is one of the most densely populated areas in the world. Here's a tiny room between HK $ 8,000 and HK $ 15,000 a month.
- What should someone who is interested in Wicca know
- Where do I start a job search
- Which is better Karvy or IIFL
- How do I ignore negative opinions
- How do you recover from heroin
- What are some examples of public interest
- Why are Arabs seen as white
- Maduro Venezuela was actually elected
- The software engineering is outsourced
- Why am I still unemployed?
- How do investors create added value for society
- Sociology is biased by definition
- Why did Germany fear the Soviet Union?
- What does Azerbaijan do better than Turkey?
- Corporate Welfare Makes business lazy
- How to solve bad breath in dogs
- It is important to apologize
- Is welding a good career option?
- Any religion can celebrate Diwali
- Can freelancers solve youth unemployment
- How is the weather right now
- Can lawyers be contractors
- How is the modern world developing
- How do grandparents affect family dynamics