How are elevators built into buildings?
Retrofitting elevators: how easy is it really?
Installation and planning of a new elevator
The Installation time is usually two to four weeks. Most of the time, the shaft frame and cabin are installed in parallel. This saves time and is of particular benefit to tenants or employees. For one retrofitting are particularly suitable for elevators without a machine room, because here the drive is located directly on the cabin or is integrated in the counterweight. This gives you Flexible design options in the smallest of spaces.
If you are planning to retrofit an elevator, you should answer the following questions:
- How large does the cabin have to be?
- Which Load capacity is necessary?
- Insists on all levels Access?
- What is the maximum Delivery head?
- When targeted Outdoor assembly: Are access routes available or feasible?
Pay attention to building law and building structural factors!
When installing an elevator at a later date, you must also take into account building law and building structural factors. For example, you have to clarify whether the elevator construction would affect an adjacent property, whether you still have enough building land available or whether the building may even be a listed building.
Opportunities to modernize an existing elevator
When it comes to modernization, you have two options: Either you renew only individual components or You choose one Complete replacement. This is advisable if the component replacement would be more expensive than the new building. Modernization is usually worthwhile for the following components:
Check brakes, suspension ropes, counterweight, shaft and engine room. You should also reconsider the type of drive. If your passenger elevator moves with a rope drive, an old drum elevator can be replaced by a more modern traction sheave elevator.
2. Control and electrics
Are theState-of-the-art switches, cabling and monitoring electronics? For example, a belt made of several thin steel cables can be placed directly over the drive shaft, which eliminates the loss of friction between the motor and drive shaft and saves energy costs.
For a lift in the public buildings are legally prescribed threshold and step-free entrances. Would you like the lift as well handicapped accessible design are the specifications of the DIN EN 81-70 "Accessibility of lifts for people with disabilities" must be observed.
4. Elevator doors
Note that a Safety through light barriers must be guaranteed.
New construction or modernization?
To find the most efficient solution for your elevator system, consider a Carry out a needs analysis. You check your elevator system, if possible with an expert, and decide whether a modernization or a new building would be more suitable. The following aspects should be checked:
- Energy efficiency: How much electricity does your elevator use? Modern elevators only use half as much energy as the models did 20 years ago.
- security: Does your elevator already have light barriers? These are part of today's standard.
- accessibility: Old and heavy revolving doors make it difficult to get on and off the elevator.
- Appearance: Does your elevator still fit into the appearance of your building after the renovation?
An inventory analysis by an elevator company gives you an overview of the measures that are really necessary. In addition, downtimes and costs can be better calculated by a specialist.
Costs and financing options
The costs for elevator systems are heavily dependent on the size of the system, the type of drive and the height to be overcome. Do this depending on the equipment Costs from 20,000 euros, including assembly costs.
If the installation is to take place because of people in need of care, the Care fund an elevator with a total of up to 4,000 euros. The prerequisite is that Care level twoor higher. For other lift projects, the Reconstruction Credit Institute (KfW) offers funding programs that you can take advantage of depending on the focus of your construction project. With the KfW loan 159 you secure yourself up to 50,000 euros for all renovation measures to reduce barriers. This also includes the installation, retrofitting or improvement of elevator systems.
Find a suitable specialist company
Let us advise you which modernization measures are worthwhile for you. If you are thinking about retrofitting an elevator system, then plan this with a specialist. Aroundhome helps you to pre-select different elevator companies. Simply fill out our questionnaire and request Up to three offers from different providers free of charge and without obligation at. You decide which offer is right for you.
- Which is more simply CS or CMA
- Why don't old people use Instagram
- A person can die of alcohol withdrawal
- What is simple day trading or swing trading
- Why is the name Sean Shawn pronounced
- What made Viking ships so successful
- Eat turkish pork
- How does Google train its employees
- What is the scope of physiotherapy
- Why is India not in the G7?
- Can CCleaner delete old windows
- Why are some Pakistanis so white
- What is the best wallet for Etherium
- Will Trump break off globalization
- What percentage of Australia is desert?
- Which is the best technology to learn
- How do homosexuals choose children
- What is a star connection
- The smell of human urine can cause health problems
- How's Jack Dorsey
- How do Australians treat Americans
- How does feminism relate to matriarchy?
- Can I drink my wife's pee
- What pawnbrokers pay the most for