Which bridges connect with Manhattan
New York's bridges
The Five boroughs from New York are through bridges and connected by tunnel because the heart Manhattan must be supplied with constant traffic of people and goods.
Today there are about 2000 bridges in New York.
The first bridges
Initially, from the end of the 19th century, Manhattan and Brookln in ?? connected.
Brooklyn Bridge - Suspension bridge since 1883, then a record, from Manhattan to Brooklyn. she is 1830 m long and has 6 lanes.
(300m wide East River
- pneumatic caissons (closed at the top and overpressure, diving disease only recognized 6 years later, hot and humid))
Williamsburg Bridge - Suspension bridge since 1903, from Manhattan to Brooklyn. she is 2230 m long and has 8 lanes.
(half construction time, 7 years)
Queensboro Bridge - Cantilever bridge since 1909, from Manhattan to Queens. she is 2470 m long and has 9 lanes on two decks.
(1900 - now Queens (only 300 thousand residents) - cantilever bridge, there is an island in the middle -> there 2 more pilons)
Manhattan Bridge - Suspension bridge since 1909, again from Manhattan to Brooklyn. she is 2090 m long and has 7 lanes and four subway tracks.
(again much less material due to new findings)
(now the Hudson River, 1.5 km, 3 times as wide (?)
then came Otmar Amman with the new deflection theory (new structural theory)
-> George Washington Bridge, 1931!
doubles the length record!
now the Bronx is missing.
-> connect all three at once!
-> Triborough. East River Bridge is great. Black Friday.
Amann takes over in 1934. He turns four columns into two per tower. 07/11/1936 Inauguration.
and the Verazano Narrow Bridge)
Outerbridge Crossing - Cantilever bridges since 1929, from Staten Island over to New Jersey. she is 2680 m long and has ... 2nd level could be added!
Goethals Bridge - Cantilever bridges since 1929, from Staten Island over to New Jersey. she is 2160 m long and has ...
George Washington Bridge - Suspension bridge since 1931, the only bridge from Manhattan to New Jersey. she is 1450 m long and has an impressive 14 lanes on two decks.
Bayonne Bridge - Steel arch bridge since 1931, from Staten Island over to New Jersey. she is 2160 m long and has ...
then tie up the Bronx! W-W crisis. ?
Triborough Bridge - three bridges since 1936 connecting Manhattan, the Bronx and Queens. since 2008 the Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Bridge. to the world exhibition?
The bridges of New York
A great show from ZDF The bridges of New York, Repeat on Fri. 04/26/2013
- Stream – (44:33, 2012) - Excellent !
Quite awesome adventure, from around 1865 ...
"History XXL with a historical foray through America From the world-famous Brooklyn Bridge to the six-lane Bronx-Whitestone Bridge and the two-story Verrazano-Narrows Bridge to the imposing George Washington Bridge - these bridges not only connect Manhattan with the New York districts or the state New Jersey, they are also the landmarks of the metropolis.
NY wanted to expand after the civil war.
- Meth increases sexual desire in women
- Why is family important to many people
- Why are older mothers so mean
- How can coworking spaces be profitable companies?
- What is your worst experience in australia
- What are the advantages of being overly sensitive?
- How do you create a customer survey
- Who owns the Titanic 1
- What are the best English songs
- Should America ban immigration
- How do I learn the Thirukkural
- What do people think of Italian women
- What hobbies have started billion dollar companies?
- What are auxiliary words
- Children flourish in Montessori schools
- What do Buddhists think of Jesus Christ?
- What is the contribution of education
- Is it illegal to take street signs?
- How is life in Oman for foreigners
- Which universities in Germany accept IELTS
- What the old-age provision eats up the most
- Why is Europe going right
- How good a brand is Realme
- What is a massive star