Can spinach go bad
Minimum durability date.de
Healthy greens - fresh or frozen
The shelf life of spinach after cooking is limited. Image: Pixabay / kaboompics
You can basically buy spinach all year round without any problems. Between March and May, the mild spring spinach from local cultivation is in season, in September and October the winter spinach, which is a bit more fibrous and darker. But frozen food is also a good alternative. The reason: The spinach is blanched immediately after harvest and shock-frozen to temperatures of minus 30 to 50 degrees. In this way, enzymatic degradation processes are interrupted and the cell structures and valuable ingredients are preserved. In addition, the frozen spinach has a long shelf life and is easy to proportion. If expired frozen spinach has already spoiled, you can recognize this by its white or red-brown discoloration - in which case it should be disposed of.
Can you reheat spinach?
Fresh spinach after the harvest Image: Pixabay / Shingo_Nono
Spinach is a leafy vegetable and contains a large amount of nitrate, which is non-toxic in itself, but is gradually converted to nitrite by bacteria. This in turn can lead to malaise, vomiting and diarrhea when consumed. The decisive factor for the speed of nitrite formation is above all the temperature - the higher, the more active the bacteria. This is why it is important to treat the spinach properly. It can safely be reheated after cooking if it:
- How many architects actually make it big
- Was the two-handed sword fight effective
- Can a 90 year old masturbate?
- Which companies use crowdfunding
- Have you regretted getting a second job?
- What do people underestimate when they retire?
- Who is the richest person in Chinese history
- DePaul University is a good school
- People make fakes to make money online
- Can a Christian marry a Jew
- How much can retainer teeth move
- What is a non-technical BPO
- Greece can use 2 currencies
- What are Well Paid Online Survey Websites
- Why is cheating wrong in school
- Should Sikhs eat meat
- Which properties define a state
- What job does the economic system do
- Which Indian startups are hiring new students
- Which developing country does not use agriculture?
- What excites old people
- Is it good to eat oats?
- What does David mean in the Bible
- What courses should a mechanical engineer take